Latham offer Fire Rated Systems (Barriers) to be used in conjunction with the Latham Flexible Mechanical Expansion Joint Covers. All have been tested and classified by one or more of the following independent, internationally recognised authorities: US Underwriters Laboratories Inc. (USA), Omega Point Laboratories Inc. (USA), listed by Warnock Hersey International Incorporated (USA) and listed by The State of California State Fire Marshal. Latham Fire Rated Systems are available with the security of 2 and 4 hour fire ratings for joint widths from 50mm to 1200mm wide.
Latham Fire Barriers can be used with most floor, floor-to-wall, wall, roof, roof-to-parapet and ceiling joint covers for a high degree of design flexibility. Latham Fire Barrier Systems can also be used in shaft wall, curtain wall and chase wall applications. Membrane type fire barriers allow limited shear movement. Fire rated wall joint covers are available for gypsum, wall board and masonry construction. Standard Latham Fire Barriers accept limited horizontal shear movement.
The Fire Rated Systems Latham’s offer, are fabricated from high quality, inorganic materials. They are incombustible and do not create smoke or contribute fuel during a fire.
Depending on the Latham 2 and 4 hour Fire Rated Systems and on the site requirements, the Latham Fire Barriers are purpose manufactured to pass some or all of the following classifications:-
- ASTM E1966 Fire Test for Fire-Resistive Joint Systems
- UL 2079 Fire tests of Fire Resistive Joint Systems
- ASTM E119 Fire Test for Building Construction and Materials
- ASTM E1399 Standard Test Method of Cyclic Movement and Measuring the Minimum and Maximum Joint Widths of Architectural Joint Systems
- Australian Standard AS1530. Methods for fire tests on building materials, components and structures (Part 4: Fire-resistance tests of elements of building construction).
Prefabricated Corners & Transitions
Latham can offer prefabricated fire rated corner and transition units for some joint covers. Other fire barriers offered may have transitions carried out on site.
Latham offers joint covers with ratings up to four hours for fire safety; joint covers from 50mm to 1200mm for seismic joints; and fire barriers to new joints construction, retrofit existing joints, curtain walls, shaft wall and chases. For design flexibility, most of the Latham range of expansion joint covers can be fire rated. Contact your Latham representative with your joint and fire rating requirements to allow us to offer suitable systems to meet your requirements.
- Fire Rated Systems data
- Floor Fire Barrier Installation data
- Wall Fire Barrier Installation data
- Field Slice Instructions data
- Optional Extras